Senior Software Engineer for LAMP
Design and implement high quality applications written primarily in PHP.
A distributed team in multiple timezones and primary development languages.
Standards and best practices
Test driven development
Design by contract
Correctness, simplicity, performance
About the Job
Currently, we have an opening for a high-performing Senior LAMP Developer. This highly valued, strategic position is responsible to design, develop, test, and maintain LAMP applications. Act in a lead capacity on complex applications, sophisticated data processing problems. Act as a subject matter expert regarding software development.
The ideal candidate must have enthusiasm for best practice software development and proven history in superior development principles of:
- •Designing methods of processing data
- •IT and networking supporting transactional, highly scalable applications.
A professional software development environment that supports and requires best practices. You will write the best bug free, on time, on budget work of your life while enjoying good customer driven requirements, scope management and daily feedback. Our business is problem solving for our customers, you should enjoy trouble shooting and anticipating and preventing problems in your own work. This is a disciplined, professionally rewarding and highly productive environment.
You must have the ability to:
- •Write complex programs
- •Develop detailed program specifications
- •Analyze data and situations
- •Reason logically and creatively
- •Identify problems
- •Draw valid conclusions
- •Develop effective solutions
- •Apply creative thinking in the design and development of applications
Tasks & Activities
- •Design, develop, test and maintain applications
- •Work with project managers and ensure that all project milestones are met.
- •Develop PHP applications.
- •Investigate and resolve production issues.
- •Work collaboratively with peers and other teams such as QA, and Business Analysis.
- •Work closely with external teams for ongoing development.
- •Develop automated unit tests.
- •Provide technical estimates for development efforts.
- •Provide solutions to requirements presented by the Business Analysts.
- •Deploy the applications in Development, QA, and Production environments.
- •BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and at least 4 years experience or equivalent training.
- •6+ years of practical experience highly preferred, including responsibility as lead developer on the presentation layer of an enterprise software product or service.
- •Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- •Recent project experience with LAMP and specifically PHP 5.
- •Broad background in web application architectures.
- •Experience with databases in general.
- •Strong knowledge of browser compatibility issues, DOM, AJAX architectures and libraries.
- •Experience with development tools such as SVN, Make, Ant, and others.
- •Experience with Agile Software Development and Scrum projects.
- •Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
Please email resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: (6332) 2668522